Sudbury Lose Weight - Stay Fit and Stick with It!
By Angie Kocsi
Spas in Canada
Health and nutrition experts continually advise us that the more we exercise the healthier we will be. In magazines, the doctor's office or on television we are never far from information showing us how to exercise, what to eat and how to lose weight. One constant rule, in the expert's opinion, is that regular physical activity is an essential element to successful weight loss and fitness maintenance.
There are a few tried and true strategies that will help you to stay fit and trim. Most of all, as you plan your personal fitness goals, be reasonable and keep them within reach. Setting unrealistic ideals will only lead to failure.
- Get active and stay active. This will be the most important step to achieve. It is so easy to find reasons not to exercise. Remember a little light to moderate activity each day will bring great results. Once maintained, even a daily walk will become second nature and you may find yourself actually looking forward to your exercise time.
- One size does not fit all - understand your own unique body type and find out what works best for you. Set realistic goals for yourself and stay on track. Each day will bring it's own reward as you feel fitter and energized.
- Plan a week ahead - Keep a log of your exercise or activity and keep it in a prominent place like the fridge or notice board. Chart your progress and thoughts in a notepad and make note of encouraging comments you receive from friends and family.
- Eat small portions of food and eat often. Do not put your body into starvation and deprivation mode - it will only lead to bingeing. Try to keep an accurate daily food diary. You will be surprised how much good food you can eat and still stay trim and fit.
- Add a few more extra cardiovascular activities to your day. Whenever possible walk instead of using the car for errands or take a walk around the block at lunchtime. You will burn many extra calories over the course of a week just by adding 10 - 15 extra minutes of daily activity.
As you start to feel more energetic and vital you will begin to see how setting realistic goals will help you to successfully maintain your fitness level long term. Keeping the weight off and staying in shape can actually get easier with time. We all know how important it is to our health to stay active and keep fit - so stick with it!
Spas in Canada © 2005
Angie Kocsi is co-founder of Spas in Canada. After many years enjoying the great spas in Europe and drawing upon her knowledge of the corporate world, along with a successful career in Public Relations and International Marketing www.spasincanada.ca was created.